Friday, September 16, 2005

you can't escape your own mind

a good friend and i, we discuss escape. escape from what? from the world, from ourselves. everyone else needs to be escaped from a some point in time. and sometimes we realise this all together, all in a rush. it makes you think. what is it, as part of humanity, that prompts us to flee our own kind? what is it within us that disallows us contentment?

from my point of view, i share with her what it is that i've learnt on my travels. the people you meet. the things you learn. sometimes, sitting on a beach under the stars, it all appears so clear. crystal. although i've seen those too, every one was flawed. humans. the most complex creatures on the planet. and we give ouselves so much credit for our own intelligence. yet we can't sort out the one thing that all the so called primitive animals have in their life, the integral thing we lack. happiness.

i tried to escape.. but short of leaving my head behind, i couldn't escape my own humanity. my mind rambles, reads meanings into things, is manically happy, manically sad. and so i move on to a new place each time. sometimes you just have to realise your own limitations. peace is such a beautiful thing. rare, crisp, enlightening. and then humanity crashes down around you again. you can never escape.

but still i try.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have falled in love of your mind.
you're so pure and free in your thoughts. you feel the only thing that humanity doesn't try to reach: freedom.
excuse me for my english, i'm french, but i'll like to escape my mind in australia, in the desert..
well, i give to you my Msn adress, if you are interested to link many ideas with me=>jubesque@hotmail.fr
great blog,even if i don't understand everything...stay like you are, thinking good .kiss

6/17/2007 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home